Wednesday 17 September 2014

Silent communication from within..


Some of the stunning paintings that I have re-discovered recently are from the Mauritian artist MALCOLM DE CHAZAL. He was one of the rare artist to be known as a Surrealist painter in Mauritius and his paintings were mostly concerned with natural forms and landscapes in a primitive style. Also known as a free thinker and a follower of the Fauve, he used bold, bright colours to express himself in a unique style whilst he rejected the rigidly representational.







Looking at such vibrant energetic colours is really an enjoyable feeling. I can feel his sense of urgency while in the making and also a sense of vulnerability that comes forward in such a naive way. I can connect to his paintings very easily and they are also so rich in ideas and imagination.
Personally, I feel that I can come around anytime I feel short of inspiration and definitely pick up something to move forward..

No comments:

Post a Comment