Thursday 12 June 2014

Mark-making

 
 
 
 
Dots and stippling....
As I was on full investigation, I thought about my passion for the Australian Aboriginal Art... This was something I wanted to try out but I had absolutely no idea where to start from..
 
 
This work was executed after having viewed some of the most extraordinary intricate patterns on the subject. I was quite satisfied with the outcome however, I felt restless after some time (as it was quite labour intensive).I enjoyed this activity, however, this activity also made me realise that I really want things to work on quickly and to keep my interest on until the end...


This is yet another small activity that I tried out in the mood of playfulness(inserting dots on plasticine)..I feel more connected to this activity as it was simple yet very enjoyable..







 
I think that as a form of mark-making, dots are a real subject for investigation and research.. So many experiments have been made and art styles have been developed as Seurat's "pointillism" or Yayoi Kusama's personal investigations. This is another aside experiment that I diverged from to try out and I feel that there are some interesting elements of investigation and ideas to be explored further.. 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment