Wednesday 18 June 2014

Exploratory Project.



These acrylic works on canvas (3 A1 size) were executed at the end stage of my Exploratory Project for the simple reason that I wanted to get away from the collage technique and see what can happen if I was to use only paint.. I tried to remain faithful to the ideas that I was investigating, however, this time I was working only with one technique. I had worked on smaller formats previously (mostly on A4) with coloured pencils which worked as sketches and these canvas works opened up a new dimension of what can be done if one had sustainable research at hand. these works were executed without much pains and I was very satisfied with the colour effect.

 

 
This was the first painting executed. After completing it, I reflected that it was complementary to the other works and all were making for a whole. I tried uniting it with the box files sculptures that I had worked on previously and they fitted perfectly. I then decided to explore more by working on more canvas. This was a trial and error process and canvases were bought accordingly...
 


THE SECOND AND THIRD WORK EXECUTED..
 
Reflections:
Visually I am quite satisfied with my Exploratory Project as I feel that what my objectives have been met. I wanted an artwork which would question about composition-making and space /display. I wanted to explore about different viewpoints and how the viewer can be fully involved in a journey where one can attracted by one detail or the other at each time. However, the question remains: By adding all the elements together, what I am now calling a finished work, is it really a finished piece?... 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment