Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Participation, continuation of the task "Breaking Boundaries".


Today's dance class was special. Mostly the lesson was about the dancing of "Lord Ganesha". "Lord Ganesha" is a well-known deity in India is especially known for his elephant's head.

 In my opinion, he is one of the most stylised God that I know of.As I started to work I tried to visualise how I could add on aspects of Lord Ganesha in the dance figure that was working on, together with the female figure. Here is how the figure turned out to be (still unfinished):


 I am mostly satisfied with what I have done as I feel I was able to bring out a creative aspect and a synthesis between the dancer and the dance form.
Here are different stages of the work enfolding:






These photographs were taken following my activities so as to engage the dancers in what I was doing. This was quite an interesting exercise. I felt the participants were able to connect to my work in different ways. Here I was dealing with the primary thing. I am not able to define this feeling, this is like my work- abstract yet totally understandable only to me. I think I need to analyse this at a deeper level... 












The dance class:


No comments:

Post a Comment