Monday 13 October 2014

References:Indian Contemporary Painters For Task "Testing Boundaries".





Looking for references and direction for the task “Testing Your Boundaries” led me to think about Indian Contemporary Painters. Powerfully rich in content, colours and style, variety, creative and original, this was definitely the right choice for inspiration and influence as I surfed the internet. Some of the painters that I will definitely have to take on for my personal project “staring at paintings” are: 

      1. Thota Vaikuntam 
            2.  Laxma Goud
            3. Paresh Maity 
            4. Jayasri Burman
             5. Ganesh Pyne
             6. Anjolie Ela Menon
             7. Laxman Aelay
             8. Sudip Roy
        9.  Paritosh Sen 
       10. Jogen Chowdhury
             11. Rabin Mondal
             12. Prokash Karmakar
             13. Bikash Bhattacharjee
             14. Akbar Padamsee


Indian Painters have a uniqueness that relate them to their culture and forge their identity. Their evolution in the field of art has been constant with a rich past and hence a brighter future. Colours are vivid and strong and moods are generally festive, spontaneous and enthusiastic. As such, dullness and sparseness are not even options.


Following these documentations, I wanted some spontaneous reaction just to capture the mood and to assimilate this essence present. Here is an apercu of some painting sketches that I tried out which I would be using for my work:







No comments:

Post a Comment