Wednesday 9 April 2014

Exploring possiblities for SPACE.

EXPLORATORY PROJECT.

Exploring spatial relationships from Pen and Ink drawings that I made with the start of the Exploratory Project.
I also wanted this experiment to remain simple and playful and no stess. 


AIM: The idea is to think of different solutions how to turn 2-dimensional works on papers into a three dimensional aspect and also to continue exploration on the ideas concerning Reconstruction.












FURTHER POSSIBILITIES: tearing the experiments.
 









 

Reflections:
I am quite satisfied with the building on and the crumpling and tearing effects as I was hoping to turn the works done to three dimensional. For me this notion of space is a very important one and here I was seeking for a possibility to merge 2D and 3D...and my goal has been met. I also wanted this exercise to be simple and playful so as to extract ideas that could come out of this experiment..
Well, first of all, I find that the vulnerability and childishness that emanates from the work very exciting, and also by risking to tear/crumble on my little simple design, I could analyse my inner feelings about destroying my own work and rebuilding from that...I think I feel close to Cornelia Parker too in a sense...I'm creating another context in another time zone(that's really weird and abstract).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment