Monday 14 April 2014

Exploratory Project: Exploing charcoal..

 
 
 
These were spontaneous charcoal experiments that were eventually broken up again and rebuild in the 3 box files. These works were done as an aftermath of the pen and ink drawings where I was thinking that maybe I should be switching on to a new technique so as to explore on further possibilities. I had really wanted to explore on this technique previously. After their completion however, I felt that even though I could reach out to some interesting ideas here, I was in a static state as compared to my paintings and my pen and ink. I think what did not work out was the limitations of the technique itself.. I was so concerned about colours that I turned these experiments into mixed-media work..
Question to myself: Should I try to remain faithful to the technique/within the limits of the technique or explore further on? 
 
 
 



 
 


 

















No comments:

Post a Comment